Marc Jacobs #Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder

This time I'm gonna share to you my Christmas gift from my mom. She and my brother bought it from Sephora Singapore. I requested any contour palette from ABH, Lorac or Kat Von D but unfortunately, they weren't available in Sephora Singapore. So, she asked around Sephora what contour palette they have, then she sent me pictures from Too Faced and Marc Jacobs cosmetics. Of course, I chose the latter one! hehe Another high-end product that I wanted to try but the price forbids me to buy one for myself.

Marc Jacobs #Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Poweder

I like that the compact is huge but flat with full mirror inside compared to others. Not totally travel-friendly but it's very convenient that it has a big mirror when you are applying your makeup. The compact closes securely and has 2 separated half-circled pan for each product. 



There are 3 variant of contouring duos of Marc Jacobs and I chose the Mirage Filter because I think this is what I needed and suits me the best. The powder are very soft, velvety and finely milled. It easily blends on the skin without leaving patchy marks. I love how smooth it feels on the pan and even on the face after application. It's so lightweight that you'll forgot you've had this on your face. It doesn't look cakey or gave my break outs. Though, it gets a slightest amount of fallout when you dip your brush on the pan. Longevity is amazing, it stays on for 6-8 hours on my skin.


The light/yellow powder is best use for setting my undereye concealer or highlighting mostly on my t-zone area. It's matte and the finish is very smooth. I like how it blends on my undereye area without emphasizing my fine lines.

The dark/brown powder is use for contouring or sometimes, I use this as a transition eyeshadow too. Like the lighter/yellow powder, it's matte too but won't make the face looks flat, perfect for contouring without the shimmers. The shade is more on cool-toned taupe with a slightly grey undertone, that makes contouring looks more natural in real life or in photos.

This is a simple choice of contouring powder palette compared to all those other brands with all the colors not knowing what to use and sometimes, you won't use at all. This is definitely an investment and worth every cent. This cost approximately $49.00, quite expensive for some like me. This is recommended to all who loves contouring and looking for a good setting powder that last all day, if you don't mind price. :)









Comments

Popular Posts