Shu Uemura The Lightbulb Foundation

Happy 1st day of March everyone! Hope you had a relaxing weekend, because I did with my family. ^_^

Another product I got from Japan is the Shu Uemura The Lightbulb Foundation. I have use this for almost 3 months now, alternating with other foundations though. And I want to share my thoughts about this product.

This is my first time to try any Shu Uemura foundations, so I don't have anything to compare with their other foundations. But I knew that the said brand has very good quality in terms of their makeup products. That's why I was so excited to try this when my aunt bought this for me when we were in Japan. 



The consistency is creamy but lightweight on the skin. The texture is easily blendable, and the coverage is light to medium but buildable if you want full coverage. It gives you enough glow and radiant which my skin needed right now. I have dry to normal skin and I love the effect it shows on my face. But for oily skin, it definitely needs a setting powder for longevity assurance.




The packaging comes with the usual glass jar but with a pump included. Don't you hate it when you buy high-end foundations without pump? Then you'll end up purchasing it separately. So, thumbs up with this one! Good job Shu Uemura! ^_^


It covers any redness around my face though it did not totally conceal my pimple mark. The foundation feels lightweight on my skin and gives even coverage that won't look cakey even you layer it up. Also my skin didn't breakout with this foundation.

I suggest using a primer prior to application then settle with setting powder to make it last the whole day. It lasted on me for 7-8 hours without primer.

The only con I could say with this foundation, it quite oxidizes on me after an hour or so. Luckily, I think the outcome still looks good on me and I'm perfectly fine with it. :) Make sure to test on your skin first or get 1 shade lighter than your skintone, if you're thinking to get one.


I recommend Shu Uemura Lightbulb Foundation to those who has normal/combi/dry skin or those who likes dewey finish foundations. For those who have oily skin, I suggest you'll get sample and try it first.
It may be expensive to others but it's worth the price. I love the radiant finish it gives on my skin. And a little product goes a long way, it'll be few months more before I finish the whole bottle. I prefer to use it during special events or meetings to save it :) I'm not sure if my budget permits me to get one again..lol!














Comments

Popular Posts